12 Days to A Healthier Pregnancy, Healthy Baby & Beyond - Prenatal Nutrition 101
Is an easy, friendly, comprehensive on-line class for anyone who wants to get pregnant, is trying to get pregnant or who is pregnant. It's for dads-to-be too!! After all, they are 1/2 of the gene pool. This is where you get deeper in terms of really understanding what is good for you, what's good for your baby and how to maintain a healthy family for years to come.
What you'll learn in 12 days:
1. How your environment affects the development of your baby.
- About DNA and how it works.
- How the environment effects your offspring’s future.
- About Epigenetics and why it is important.
- What can happen if you eat to much junk food during pregnancy.
2. What you eat = your baby.
- Why nutrients are so important during pregnancy.
- The difference between stored nutrients and the nutrients you need to replace every single day.
- You will learn how to be mindful of what you’re eating.
- We will end today’s session with my favorite videos...Conception To Birth.
3. Supplements and what you should be taking.
- The importance of supplements during pregnancy.
- What to look for on the label of your prenatal vitamin.
- What nutrients are important especially during pregnancy and their food sources.
- What test you should request.
4. What you need more of now that you're pregnant.
- How many more calories you really should be eating during each trimester.
- Which nutrients you need more of now that you are pregnant.
- What foods you should be eating more of.
5. Powerful proteins.
- What makes up a protein.
- Why protein is essential for your body as well as your growing baby.
- How much protein you’ll need now that you’re pregnant.
- Good sources of protein.
- Vegetarians and their protein needs.
- How to get enough protein.
6. Not all fats are bad. Brain building fats.
- Why good fats are important for your body as well as your growing baby.
- What good, healthy fats look like.
- How much omega 3’s you should be taking while pregnant.
7. Carbohydrates. Go for the good grains!
- The 2 different types of Carbohydrates: Complex Carbohydrates (good, healthy kind) and Simple Carbohydrates (bad carb). We will focus on Complex Carbohydrates today and Simple Carbohydrates tomorrow.
- Different types of fiber and why fiber is important.
- Learn what a good carbohydrate looks like.
- Learn what to look for on a label and what to stay away from.
8. Simple sugars. The good, the bad and the ugly.
- What Napoleon’s favorite drug of choice was.
- What refined and simple sugars are?
- Why sugar isn’t good for you.
- What should never be in the child’s diet. EVER!
- What sweeteners are the best.
9. Fruits and vegetables. The life giving foods.
- How much fruits and vegetables you really need to be eating and why.
- What has the best source of alkaline minerals. What has a calming effect on your body as well as anti-stress properties. What is a fantastic blood-builder and a great healer.
- The Dirty Dozen and Clean 15 plus.
10. Water, water, water!
- Why water is vital to your health, the health of your baby and your pregnancy.
- How much water you should be drinking daily.
- 9 reasons why you should drink more water.
- How to tell if you’re getting enough water.
- Tricks to help you and your family drink more water.
11. How much weight should you really be gaining?
- The ideal amount of weight to gain.
- Where the weight is distributed to.
- Fact or myth… now that you’re pregnant you should be eating for two?
- What really packs on the pounds and not the good kind.
- What to avoid now that you’re pregnant.
- 80/20 rule and how that can apply to you.
12. The benefits of healthy bacteria. Your baby's microbiome.
- Why you and your baby need it.
- What happens if a baby misses out on key points of immune system development.
- What may prevent preterm labor.
- Functions of good, healthy bacteria.
- How to make sure you have a healthy bacterial flora.
Each day also comes with one of my Wellness Guides.
Plus, I have a Bonus section at the very end of the course with all kinds of goodies.
- I had a Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist and Certified Diabetes Educator put together a 1 week meal plan for you. It's an $800 value that you'll get for free.
- You'll learn how to read labels.
- Money saving tips - smart shopping.
- Cleaning House...The Good, The Bad andThe Ugly - The Precautionary Approach - this is all about the stuff you should avoid while pregnant.
- Much much more!